2014 Registration – Updated Instructions
Posted on July 14th, 2014
To register for the 2014 Football MUSS click here.
MUSS membership is $40, and each MUSS member is allowed to register up to TWO nonstudent guests for an additional $150 per guest. Registration is currently open until mid-August, or until seats are sold out; whichever comes first.
Group seating is no longer available since the majority of The MUSS seats have already been assigned. This means you cannot join an existing group. However, if you have friends who have not joined The MUSS and you all want to sit together make sure you register at the same time; this will give you the best chance of getting seats assigned next to each other.
2014 Football MUSS Registration Instructions
Posted on March 25th, 2014
The 2014 Football MUSS registration is a similar process as last year. As a refresher please read and familiarize yourself with these instructions in order for you to register as quickly and efficiently as possible come April 2nd.
If you have not already done so, you need to activate your student account before you can begin registering. This must be done by April 1, 2014 or you cannot register the first 3 days. Registration is being run through the ticket office; so in order to purchase MUSS tickets you are required to have a valid student account. If you have not already activated your account, click here. After clicking the link you will be brought to a page that looks like this:
To activate your account, enter your UNID number followed by @utah.edu in the text box and click “Activate”. Your student account will now be activated. If you receive a message informing you that your account already exists, do not be alarmed. If you were in the MUSS in previous years you already have a student account. Click the “Password Recovery Link” to set up a password and log into your profile.
This step can be done before the registration date, so it is best to do beforehand in order to save time.
- Log into your account
- Click “My Profile” link
- Create a unique group name in order to ensure that no group shares the same name. There are no passwords for groups this year, so any groups with the same name will be considered one group. Each name should be 8-20 characters long and include 1 number and 1 special character. Be creative, “Utah-utes1” is not a suitable group name.
- Ensure that everyone in your group has set the same group name in their profile, including capitalized letters and special characters. This will certify that everyone is assigned the proper group when tickets are allocated.
- On your day for registration, log in and go to profile. Click “Buy Tickets Now” to begin registration.
- There will be a list of sporting event options, click The MUSS link.
- The system has a limited capacity of how many students can be purchasing tickets at one time. If the system is full, you will be brought to a virtual waiting line page that looks like this:
- It is incredibly important that you DO NOT REFRESH THIS PAGE! If you refresh the page, you will lose your place in line and have to start over. DO NOT REFRESH. The system will automatically transfer you to the purchase page when it is your turn to purchase tickets.
- Once out of the line you will come to a page that looks like this:
- From the drop down box, select your ticket and a guest tickets if you desire them.
- Click “Reserve Tickets”. Once you have clicked this button, your MUSS registration time stamp has been recorded.
- You will then be brought to a page that looks like this:
- Click green “Confirm Reservation” button.
- You will be brought to a payment page. Make sure all the information is correct and click “Confirm Order”.
- Enter your billing information and click “Make Payment”.
- Finally you will be asked information about your group and t-shirt sizes.
- Congratulations you are registered for the MUSS 2014 season!
MUSS Flag Football Game
Posted on March 17th, 2014
PLAY IN THE ANNUAL MUSS FLAG FOOTBALL GAME!
WHEN: Saturday, April 19th @ 11 a.m.
WHERE: Rice-Eccles Stadium
The game precedes the annual Red-White Spring Game and it’s your opportunity to be a Utah football player for a day. The game is open to all MUSS members who will be registered for the 2014 football season. Males and females are both encouraged to play.
Head Coach Kyle Whittingham will oversee the game and the two teams will be coached by members of the football staff. You get to wear real Utah jerseys (but you have to give them back). You get to hear your name over the PA system when you make a play. PLUS, the game is on the JUMBOTRON and we will give away a ‘Most Valuable Player’ award.
Need more incentive, like food? Winners get a gift certificate to Red Robin. Losers get a twin-pack of Pop Tarts.
In order to play, you will need to attend a mandatory practice session on Thursday, April 17th @ 4:30 p.m.
To register, send an email to Brynn Whitchurch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you would like to play and if you have any quarterback experience.
You must register by Monday, March 31st @ 5 p.m. Due to the high volume of interested MUSS members teams will be randomly selected; meaning, just because you register does not mean you will get to play. Teams will be announced on Wednesday, April 9th.
MUSS T-shirt Design Contest – Entries Due April 11th!
Posted on March 17th, 2014
It’s time again for the annual Football MUSS T-shirt design competition! For the past seven years MUSS members have designed the football T-shirt and now you have the chance to design the 2014 Football MUSS T-shirt!
To be eligible, applicants must be registered for the 2014 Football MUSS and must be a student for the 2014 Fall Semester.
The winner will receive lunch for you and three friends with Coach Whit.
- Participants must be a member of the 2014 Football MUSS.
- The MUSS icon must be in a conspicuous location on the front of the T-shirt.
- Theme is optional, but content of the shirt must be appropriate.
- Participants must be enrolled students of the University of Utah in Fall 2014.
- Shirt ideas will be reviewed and voted on by the 2014 MUSS Board.
- All entries are subject to change.
- The entry design must include a sketch of your idea for the front and back of the shirt (ideas may be physically drawn on a piece of paper or electronically using a computer program). Please feel free to provide a typed explanation of your idea, but it is not necessary.
- Colors can include: Red, Black and White. The T-shirt will be red.
A few things to keep in mind when coming up with your design:
-The T-shirt will be red so your design must fit with a red background.
-Keep large areas of white to a minimum in your design. White ink is difficult to print on Under Armour shirts so we can’t print large designs of white.
-DO NOT ALTER LOGOS! This means any logo you use (The MUSS, the block U, drum & feather, Pac-12) must be used in its original form.
-Text cannot be written over the top of a logo.
All entries need to be submitted to the Alumni House by Friday, April 11th @ 5 p.m. To submit electronically, send to email@example.com.
Questions, call (801) 581-3709.
2014 Football MUSS Registration
Posted on February 26th, 2014
For a full list of Registration FAQs please click here.
Football MUSS registration will begin the first week of April and will be split into a three-day priority period. You will register based on your last name.
*Wednesday, April 2 @ noon: A-G
*Thursday, April 3 @ noon: H-O
*Friday, April 4 @ noon: P-Z
In order to register or The MUSS you need to activate your Utah ticket account by April 1. Use this link to activate your account.
If you already have an active account you must make sure you know your login information in order to register for the MUSS. If you forgot your login info please click on our Registration FAQs for details on how to retrieve that info.
MUSS membership is $40 and each MUSS member is allowed to register up to TWO nonstudent guests for an additional $150 per guest. PLEASE NOTE: If you register TWO nonstudent guests with your membership you will automatically be seated in the upper bowl, which begins at row 26. Registering one nonstudent guest will NOT automatically push you into the upper bowl; your seats will be determined solely on your registration time.
Seating will be based on how close to noon you register. So the sooner you register the better seats you will receive. No alphabetical group will have an advantage over anyone else; someone registering at noon on Weds has the same priority as someone registering at noon on Fri. If you miss your designated registration time you will need to wait until registration re-opens to everyone on Monday, April 14 @ noon.
If you have a group of friends you want to sit with you must all enter the same group name in your ticket profile (Log into your account and click ‘My Profile’). During the registration process, there will also be a text field where you will enter your group name. Group names must be a minimum of 8 characters and a maximum of 20 (spaces count as a character). Each group name must also contain at least one symbol and one number. Group seating is based on the average registration time of the members in the group.
If your group contains more than 30 students we offer a ‘block seating’ option. This means your timestamp, and the timestamp of the members in your group, will not affect your seats. Your group will be seated together in the upper bowl section of The MUSS; exact location is TBD but it will most likely be in the lower to middle section of the upper bowl. Your group must have a minimum of 30 people and a maximum of 80 (including nonstudent guests). You must send your group name to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1 @ 5 p.m. Everyone in your group will need to register and pay for The MUSS by April 25. All members of your group also need to enter your group name in their ticket profile.