MUSS Registration Explanation: A-G
Posted on April 11th, 2013
We understand the frustrations of everyone in the A-G group who tried to register for The MUSS yesterday. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We have identified the causes of the problems and we believe they have been resolved.
The decision to shut down registration and move A-G to Monday was based on several factors, but the biggest factor was the fact that not everyone in the group was allowed to purchase tickets. When the option to purchase tickets finally did become available many people who had been waiting since noon were never able to buy tickets; they were still getting a page with no ticket options. We did not feel this was fair to all members of the group, especially the members who had been trying to register since noon.
We do realize a handful of you were actually able to get through and purchase tickets; those tickets will be cancelled and you will be refunded. You will need to re-register on Monday at noon. We understand your frustration about getting through the process only to have to do it again on Monday but again, we need to make the process fair for everyone and yesterday was not an even playing field.
Our goal every year is to provide the best experience possible for the students. We are using a new ticket vendor this year because we hoped it would make the registration process better. However, with a new system always comes new surprises. We know this will be a great football season and we thank you for making The MUSS the greatest student section in the country.
Official MUSS Registration Notice
Posted on April 10th, 2013
MUSS registration was postponed today for students with last names starting A-G. To ensure the fairest possible solution for all students, registration for this group has been moved to Monday, April 15, starting at noon. Registration will continue tomorrow and Friday as planned for last names H and on.
After opening registration today at noon, the new externally hosted service provider for MUSS registration advised us of several situations that arose unexpectedly as students logged in to their accounts.
When all problems could not be resolved within a few minutes, the decision was made to stop the registration process and to refund any ticket purchases that may have occurred. This decision was made in order to ensure a fair purchasing opportunity for students who had logged on at noon and would have to refresh or reenter their accounts as the system was restored.
As of Wednesday afternoon, we are working with the provider to eliminate the issues and allow for a smooth registration process for students with last names H-O beginning at noon on Thursday, April 11, and for P-Z beginning at noon on Friday, April 12. Should any changes be made to these times, notice will be posted on The MUSS Facebook page.
Posted on April 10th, 2013
We are shutting down registration for alphabetical group A-G. There have been too many problems and we don’t feel the playing field is equal for everyone. A-G will register at noon on Monday. If you were able to get through and purchase tickets today we will get in touch with you and get you a refund. H-O will register Thursday and P-Z will register Friday.
MUSS Registration: A-G
Posted on April 10th, 2013
MUSS Registration begins today at noon for students with last names A-G. Use this link to log-into your ticket account at noon to purchase your tickets: https://www.nmnathletics.com/tickets/MyAccount.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=1400&KEY=
Remember, you must log-in with the account that was activated through the student portal. If you created your own account on the ticket office website you will not be allowed to purchase MUSS tickets.
Step-by-step instructions on how to activate your account and how to register for MUSS tickets are here.
2013 Football MUSS Registration Instructions
Posted on April 3rd, 2013
The 2013 Football MUSS registration is featuring an all-new registration system. We are very excited about the stability it will bring. However, the process is different than in years past. Please read and familiarize yourself with these instructions in order for you to register as quickly and efficiently as possible come April 10th.
If you have not already done so, you need to activate your student account before you can begin registering. This must be done by April 9, 2013 or you cannot register the first 3 days. The new system is being run through the ticket office; so in order to purchase MUSS tickets you are required to have a valid student account. If you have not already activated your account, click here. After clicking the link you will be brought to a page that looks like this:
To activate your account, enter your UNID number followed by @utah.edu in the text box and click “Activate”. Your student account will now be activated. If you are to receive a message informing you that your account already exists, do not be alarmed. If you were in the MUSS in previous years you already have a student account. Click the “Password Recovery Link” to set up a password and log into your profile.
This step can be done before the registration date, so it is best to do beforehand in order to save time.
- Log into your account
- Click “My Profile” link
- Create a unique group name in order to ensure that no group shares the same name. There are no passwords for groups this year, so any groups with the same name will be considered one group. Each name should be 8-20 characters long and include 1 number and 1 special character. Be creative, “Utah-utes1” is not a suitable group name.
- Ensure that everyone in your group has set the same group name in their profile.
- On your day for registration, log in and go to profile. Click “Buy Tickets Now” to begin registration.
- There will be a list of sporting event options, click The MUSS link.
- The system has a limited capacity of how many students can be purchasing tickets at one time. If the system is full, you will be brought to a virtual waiting line page that looks like this:
- It is incredibly important that you DO NOT REFRESH THIS PAGE! If you refresh the page, you will lose your place in line and have to start over. DO NOT REFRESH. The system will automatically transfer you to the purchase page when it is your turn to purchase tickets.
- Once out of the line you will come to a page that looks like this:
- From the drop down box, select your ticket and a guest ticket if you desire one.
- Click “Reserve Tickets”. Once you have clicked this button, your MUSS registration time stamp has been recorded.
- You will then be brought to a page that looks like this:
Use the drop down box to select your MUSS t-shirt size. In the text box enter your group name, and guest shirt size. Ex: “men’s large, Utah-utes1”. Please take your time in making sure all the information is correct. Your time stamp has already been recorded, there is no need to rush.
- Click green “Confirm Reservation” button.
- You will be brought to a payment page. Make sure all the information is correct and click “Confirm Order”.
- Enter your billing information and click “Make Payment”.
- Congratulations you are registered for the MUSS 2013 season!